4.11.2018

Lifting Lord Stanley

It's the first night of the Stanley Cup playoffs! Who else is excited!? I'm sitting here watching the Penguins beat up on the Flyers in Game 1 and it feels so good. I can only hope this sort of play continues and the Pens can make it a three-peat; a third Cup in as many years could define how they’re remembered for generations to come.

Speaking of hoisting Lord Stanley's Mug - ever since Brett over at My Hockey Card Obsession rolled out his 'Raise The Cup' project several years ago, I've wanted to start my own. And that's just what I've recently done.

I've collated the first 9 cards towards my project.










I'm already stoked about this new collecting expedition. I'm really looking forward to seeking out and picking up new cards that meet criteria.

Wouldja look at that; a 7-0 pummelling by the Pens capped off with a Sidney Crosby hat-trick. And the Jets won the first game in their series! I'm loving how these 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs have started off.

2 comments:

  1. There is something special about seeing those cards all together...check out Crosby's base card in this year's UD series 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have see it, great shot - although I wish it wasn’t side one.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...