2.27.2017

The Price Is Right

I found a job! It took a couple month but I found something permanent, full-time, flexible hours, decent pay and weekends off. It's a position that is outside my comfort zone but I'm willing to step outside, face the anxiety and try my best at understanding something new. Today was my first day in the driver's seat and overall, I think I needed a Xanax in the end. Ahh! The stresses of those first several days of a new job; where you have no idea what you're doing or even suppose to do and that constant fear of extremely screwing up. I really can't wait to get to the point where it's routine; can't I just fast-forward?

I received a fantastic return to end last week from arguably the best netminder in the league, Carey Price.

#251 Carey Price, Montreal Canadiens
2012-13 Score Hockey

 Price just recently surpassed legend Ken Dryden on the Canadiens' all-time wins list, taking over the 3rd spot with his 259th career win wearing the bleu-blanc-rouge. He currently sits only behind Patrick Roy and Jacques Plante.

I love watching Price between the pipes; I'm always amazed at how calm, cool and collected he appears while simultaneously lifting fans out of their seats with consistent highlight-reel saves. Carey Price is a winner both on and off the ice. He is as classy as they come. Without a doubt one of the most admirable athletes in the NHL at the moment.

I actually had this card signed before  through the mail a couple years ago. I had it sent into PSA and it came back unslabbed wearing a questionable authenticity (N4) sticker.


Despite PSA's opinion I've kept it in my collection with the belief that it's the real deal. Although that trust still rings true, I can switch out the above Price in my signed set with the newly acquired signature with a feeling of higher confidence in the legitimacy of the autograph. So despite it being a signed card that I already owned, it technically wasn't.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting a new job. It's always exciting to begin a new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! That first week is always physically and mentally exhausting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Price(s)! Congrats on the job as well Brad!

    ReplyDelete