2.24.2017

Sea Bass

I've been suffering through one hell of a cold over the past few days; on the bright side it looks like the war is almost over thanks to Advil Cold & Sinus.

I have also been thoroughly job hunting. I literally have a deadline to find employment so it has been a fairly stressful time spent between jobs. Some days feel more promising than others, some days I have a fleeting feeling of just giving up - but in reality, I can't - I won't.

#9 Cam Neely, Boston Bruins
1990-91 Panini Hockey Stickers
Much like employers, there hasn't been much mail banging at my door either. In terms of how many requests I have out in circulation, the amount of returns have been rather disappointing. Ah well, that's the name of game I suppose!

A surprise return from Boston Bruins legend Cam Neely really made up for the lull at the mailbox that I've experienced lately. Not only is Neely a Boston Bruin legend, he is the ultimate Boston Bruin. Often regarded as one of the best power forwards of his time, Neely was an amazing goal scorer who set the tone of the game through his physical play.

Neely was never really the same player after the infamous Ulf Samuelsson hit in the 1991 Wales Conference finals between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Bruins. Cam had just completed his second consecutive 50-goal season with Boston - hip and knee injuries would limit him to only 22 regular-season games over the next two seasons, arguably caused by the Samuelsson hit.

He would retire from hockey in 1996 due to a degenerative hip condition. Neely was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2005.

The '90 Panini Cam Neely is another signed sticker towards my set collection. Just missing a signed Greg Hawgood sticker to complete the Bruins team set, he has been a very difficult former player to track down.

4 comments:

  1. Nice Neely auto! And I can relate to the rest of your post - I'm sick myself, for the second time this year. In between I applied for a job I really wanted, got two interviews at the place, and I was cautiously optimistic. but they never called to inform me if I got the job or not. I had to call them - and I ended up speaking to the person who got the job. Ugh!

    I didnt have a literal deadline to get a new job though, I imagine that's causing you a lot of stress. Best of luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we're in the same boat current life-wise Haha Sorry about not getting the position that you wanted; maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Keep your head up!

      Delete
  2. That is one sweet TTM! Good luck with the job search. I haven't forgotten you by the way and hope to have something on the way to your mailbox myself soon here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it Shane, you don't necessarily have to send anything my way. If you do put anything together, just throw some cards from the 90s my way - I don't have any sort of want list when it comes to cards.

      Delete